Walking: we have local walking maps for you in the cottage
- Paths wind through mixed beautiful broad-leaved and conifer forest, tranquil glades past ancient abandoned stone buildings, with great cathedral-like canopies , past waterfalls and over a strange, curved, wooden bridge, straight out of ‘Lord of the Rings’!
- We are in close proximity to public footpaths and recognized trails and circular walks.
- There are a range of walks….for difficulty, length, themes, seasons.
- Sarn Helen, the 160 mile roman road from Caerhun near Conwy in North Wales to Carmarthen, passes through Brechfa Forest.
- A review in the INDEPENDENT as of tuesday 24th March 2015..
Gorlech Stones: Once thought to be the fossilized remains of some sort of prehistoric animal, they are now understood to be nodules with lines of calcite running through them. Some can be seen as you walk through the village of Abergorlech, in peoples gardens. They are very rare and found nowhere else in the world, except Anglesey
Upper Towy Valley Ramblers Club Tel:01792-843794
Walking Well Carmarthenshire Tel:01994-448743
The Beach: A 25 minute drive takes you to the beach at Llansteffan Estuary
Within an hours drive there are many delightful beaches, clifftop walks and towns to visit.
You can visit the Cambrian Mountains, the Black Mountain and the Brecon Beacons, all within 1 hours drive.
10 minute drive takes you to the top of Mynydd Llanllwni, our local mountain, with stunning sunsets and miles of view.
Go canoeing with the Llandysul Paddlers.
with Dillwyn Davies
Pony Trekking on the superb riding country of Llanllwni Mountain, riding traditional welsh cobs. Pony Cart rides around the mountain and village.
The cottage is an ideal base for mountain biking in the Brechfa forest.