Eating well, feeling well, should all be part of your stay… here are some ideas where to buy, eat out and have delivered lovely fresh produce….
- Brechfa Community Shop (4miles) can supply grocery boxes, including good quality basics, treats, vegetables and some fruit (non organic), wine and local beers etc. Can be delivered on day of arrival. Contact Andrew Hardwick 01267 202488, he can send you a stock list and advise on best seasonal and local foods.
- Organics around Wales 01269 842697 Organic veg box delivered on Wednesdays only. (www.organicsaroundwales.co.uk)
- Organic fresh food … dried foods, Welsh cheeses, organic meats and much much more. Delivers Wednesdays. (www.organicfreshfoodcompany.co.uk )
- Lovely website of Welsh organic produce producers – all Wales
- Not only can you eat in and have a nice pub evening, but if you prefer the cottage cozy feel, the Black Lion Pub will offer home-cooked take away meals.There is a sample menu on line.
The Black Lion, Abergorlech (1mile) 01558 685271, give them a call and place an order.
Local eateries all these places do lovely food….
- The Forest Arms, Brechfa (4mls) 01267 202288 lunches and dinner
- The Black Lion, Abergorlech (1 ml) 01558 685271 lunches & dinner
- Wrights, Golden Grove, Llanarthne (8 mls) (lunches, open Sundays) http://www.wrightsfood.co.uk/
- Y Talardd, Llanllwni (3 mls) Lovely family friendly, community pub. Great food.http://www.talardd.com/
- The Shed, Byrgwm, Brechfa Forest (1.5mls) great mb cafe open weekends and bank holidays.
- 4 Seasons café and shop, Nantgarredig….20 minutes drive away:
- Y polyn restaurant, Capel Dewi…..25 minutes
- The Belle @ Llanllwni restaurant …..30 minutes
Walk to the local pub:The Black Lion in Abergorlech, is just a mile from the cottage. It is a lovely 16th century former coaching inn and offers great home-cooked food. There is a picturesque beer garden overlooking the River Cothi where you can enjoy a drink or a meal on sunny days.